In a flooded Hollywood film scene, some great movies can easily get drowned out by mega-hits like the many Star Wars renditions, X-Men spin-offs, and Nicholas Sparks’ heart-tugging romances.
Today, we’ve dug deep into the film industry archives to find you 10 memorable movies that feature an RV as a key part of the storyline. Whether it’s a vacation home on wheels, a father in-law’s secret spy room, an accidental drug smuggling vehicle or a superhero’s method of transportation, the RV plays a starring role in each of the following movies.
1) Meet the Fockers — Now that Greg Focker is "in" with his soon-to-be in-laws, Jack and Dina Byrnes, it looks like smooth sailing for him and his fiancée, Pam. But that's before Pam's parents meet Greg's parents, the Fockers.
2) We’re The Millers — A drug dealer heads across the U.S./Mexico border with a large stash of weed while pretending to be a family man in this road-trip comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis.
3) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation — The Griswold family's plans for a big family Christmas predictably turn into a big disaster.
4) RV — The Munros are a typically American dysfunctional family, complete with rebellious, uncommunicative offspring and baffled parents. Patriarch Bob (Robin Williams) would like to remedy the situation before his son and daughter instant-message their parents out of their lives, so they decide to rent an RV for a family vacation.
5) Winnebago Man — WINNEBAGO MAN reveals the story of Jack Rebney - the most famous man you've never heard of - an RV salesman whose hilarious, foul-mouthed outbursts were caught on video in 1988, and circulated underground on VHS tapes in the 90s before turning into a full-blown Internet phenomenon in 2005.
6) Judgement Night — Thriller about four young men from the suburbs who experience a night of terror on Chicago's West Side. The quartet goes to see a big fight in the city, taking a short cut in their luxury car. But after they hit a boy on the street, they find themselves at the mercy of a gang leader bent on killing each one of them.)
7) The Incredibles — In this lauded Pixar animated film, married superheroes Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) and Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) are forced to assume mundane lives as Bob and Helen Parr after all super-powered activities have been banned by the government.
8) The Long, Long Trailer — Nicky and Tacy are going to be married. Nicky wants to save up money for a house, but Tacy dreams of starting off with their own home on wheels--a trailer. After the two are hitched, they hitch up their trailer and begin their honeymoon.
9) Spaceballs — A rogue pilot and his best friend team with a princess to help her save her planet when an evil space commander wants to steal all the planet's air in this "Star Wars" spoof.
10) About Schmidt — Jack Nicholson plays retiring insurance actuary Warren Schmidt in Alexander Payne's About Schmidt. Schmidt has settled into a dormant life. He has an unfulfilling marriage to Helen (June Squibb) and conspires to spend as much time away from her as possible.
So, grab your popcorn, soda and a bag of Maltesers. Make yourself comfy, and get ready to live vicariously through these characters and their RV adventures while you wait for the warm weather to come around.
Do these movies remind you of an RV story of your own? Comment below and let us know your screen worthy story.
Every July, construction workers in Quebec get a two week holiday. This has been going on since 1971, and it’s a little reward that construction workers get for working so hard. And it’s very well deserved! While some people may take this as a rest period, others want to go on a two week vacation. And the best kind of vacation? Well, one that involves an RV, of ...
Whenever you’re going on a trip, you probably want the local experience. Even though you’re a tourist, you want to feel like you’re part of whatever city or town that you’re in. Whether you’ve been there before or it’s your first time, there’s always something new for you to see.
Local experiences are the ones ...